Saturday, December 12, 2009

More Humpty Dumpty Lovin'


We received this e mail from Ryan in Groveport, Ohio:


As a baby present, I received my first Humpty Dumpty pillow-red (listed as pink, but as a boy, I'm going with red). He and I became the best of friends and were inseparable as I grew. "Dumpty", as he was known to me, watched over me while I slep, blocked for me as I ran for a touchdown in the living room, and was a constant companion for all traveling and overnights. There was no sleeping without Dumpty under my head. Dumpty would occasionally get a "new suit" where the old Dumpty was boxed up and a new, more sanitary Dumpty took his place. All told, I retired the third Dumpty at an age much older than I would like to admit. :) Today, over 20 years later, the three Dumptys are kept safe with me. No other item defined me as a child the way my Dumpty pillow did. Even today, I have a collection of Humpty Dumpty Christmas ornaments.


Thank you for providing these wonderful pillows. I have just purchased my third to date for my latest nephew - born with Downs Syndrome. His older brothers received the red and blue, and Henry will have the yellow. This will be the most special of all to give.




No comments: